Due to expansion, we are seeking a new Junior Support Technician to join our IT function providing essential support to our company.
You will provide first class support to our team members within the business.
This position involves working across our multiple Sheffield Offices.
MAIN DUTIES OF THE JUNIOR SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
IT Support (remote and on-site)
• Helpdesk 1st line support
• Problem investigation
• Problem diagnosis
• Solution implementation
• Documentation of actions and findings
• Communication with staff throughout process
• Escalation of problem where appropriate
• Set up of user accounts
• Proactive support – on-going maintenance and monitoring of systems in accordance with appropriate plans
• Preparation of equipment and services in line with work specification and appropriate deadlines
• Implementation of hardware and services through onsite or remote work
• Ongoing documentation and updating of records regarding supported networks.
You will have demonstrable customer service experience, technical support experience and ideally will have held a previous client facing/desk side role position.
A fast learner with the ability to follow processes and procedures, you will be able to prioritise and manage several open cases at the same time.
Essential to your success
• Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
• Full UK driving licence and own transport
• A passion for IT and technology
• Good problem solving skills
• A basic knowledge of PC hardware with experience of diagnosing problems
• Experience with Microsoft operating systems (Windows 7/10 & Server OS is an advantage)
• Experience with Microsoft Office Applications
Advantageous to your success in providing 1st and 2nd Line IT Support:
• Experience with MS Windows server 2012/2016/2019 or Small Business Server product series
• Advanced experience with MS Windows 7/10
• Basic Understanding of TCP/IP networking
• Microsoft Office 365 installation and operating
• Understanding of Microsoft Exchange server
Salary & Hours
£20,000-£22,000 dependent on experience
If you have any questions about this role, please call our Recruitment Team on 0114 201 1345 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
and terms and conditions.