Sales Executive – Economic Data – Sheffield (S4 7SW)
Our client is a leading source of analysis on international business and world affairs. They deliver information through a range of formats, from print and digital to events and films. 'What ties us together is the objectivity of our opinion, the originality of our insight and our advocacy of economic and political freedom around the world'.
The team sits within the vibrant Subscriptions department in Sheffield, with a strategy to drive revenue from group subscriptions and deliver innovative ways in which businesses can utilise our clients content.
We are seeking a proactive Sales Executive to support and grow our B2B revenues and develop new business opportunities. Working closely with the Operations Manager, the role will be responsible for driving corporate subscription, initiating new business sales and existing account management. The successful candidate will be a proactive and motivated self-starter, with clear communication skills and the ability to organise and prioritise effectively. They must have a can-do attitude, be approachable and enjoy delivering excellent customer service to clients worldwide.
In the role you would be expected to:
Experience, skills and professional attributes
To succeed in this role you must have:
- Help deliver the B2B Content sales strategy
- Deliver monthly new corporate subscriptions sales targets
- Respond to direct sales requests and negotiate fees and contracts
- Oversee invoicing process for all clients
- Manage respective order pipelines
- Deliver timely sales reporting
- Assist with the delivery of B2B Content agreements contracts and ensure copyright procedures are adhered to
- Follow up the B2B Content marketing programs to support the department strategy & initiate new business opportunities
- Help to develop and identify Lead Qualification opportunities for follow up by our clients Account Management
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of cultivating and closing sales over the telephone.
- Customer-focused account handling experience
- Experience of developing and maintaining relationships with clients, third parties, colleagues and senior management
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Experience managing order pipelines and providing timely sales trackers
- Excellent timekeeping & self-management
Ideally, the candidate will also have:
- A results-driven approach and strong numeracy and negotiation skills
- Self-motivation and accountability
- A high level of attention to detail
- The ability to work to deadline and manage conflicting priorities
- The ability to work and communicate within a team
- An innovative mindset and an eagerness to learn new skills
Hours of Work
- Experience selling in a B2B market
- Experience using a CRM database
- Experience selling subscription products
- Experience using Excel (to a proficient standard)
Flexibility is required as hours of work are usually between 6am - 10pm. Total 8hrs per day (40hours per week)
What we can offer you
- £17,680 - £20,800 basic plus uncapped bonus
- 20 days holiday which increases with length of service plus 8 bank holidays
- Access to our employee benefits scheme
If you have any questions about this role, please contact our recruitment team on 01142011345. We are in the office from 9am-6pm Monday-Friday.